06 July 2008

Want to know something really sad?

So Tech finally gave me a class rank after 2 years of waiting. They only give them in the fall and it turns out last fall I was ranked number 4 in my major. That's 4 out of 115 students that are English majors. That's in the top 3%. My rank in the college of Liberal Arts was in the 70's out of a few thousand. Can you believe that? I've dropped a lot after last semester, to be specific my GPA dropped 0.3. In the GPA world that's quite a lot.

It really pains me to finally know that I really, really, really, was as great as I thought I was. And I really could have gotten into any graduate level program that I wanted to anywhere in the country, most likely with a full ride. And I let one dumb semester ruin it for me. One bitter teacher who told me I shouldn't even be in my major, who made me never want to write again. In an instant I flushed all my academic dreams down the toilet.

I just don't know what happened to me. I used to care so much. I'm trying to remember how to get myself back to myself. I'm really trying to work on that. And I'm not doing so well. When I calculated my grade for my first summer class I thought my grade was a 92, but when I checked my grade it was a B. I'm really trying and I'm still failing. I just want to be good at something again. I just can't put my finger on how I derailed. Maybe it's better not to fixate and just try my hardest next semester. I'm trying to get in the mindset to do well then.

I also applied for a part-time Editorial- Assistant position with the Roanoke Times. Hopefully they get back to me, and if not, well, I tried something.

1 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

you know, a b isn't exactly failing. it's a tiny bit lower than an a, but come on, and f is failing, not a b. ease up on yourself a little! and you did have a ton of shit going on last semester, like, oh, and insane housemate and having to become a squatter in your boyfriend's apartment? uh, yeah. don't beat yourself up! those are some pretty extenuating circumstances. and now, you are looking back, and moving forward with determination. you got this, you got this.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010