12 July 2008

Home Girl Went Fartlekking. That's What She Said.


So this morning I went fartlekking. Fartlekking, weird word, I know, is when a runner switches off and on between either sprinting or taking it slow. This article says that doesn't include walking, but my cross-country friends tell me differently. This morning I broke out my 3K training schedule and walked 2 minutes then ran 1 minute and repeated that 3 minute set 10 times. Now, I'm exhausted. Like a dumb- dumb I saved all the hills for my way back... However, it is good to run again. I do enjoy running once I warm up. Getting to the warmed up part is often the hardest for me. Everything seizes up right before it gets loose and that's often the tricky part to get over.

I must also say that I was looking fierce this morning for my run. I put on my black yoga pants, and my black sports bra and over that I put a strappy shamrock green camisole. I was looking very athletic and feeling lovely. Normally I just put on a crappy old shirt and workout pants that don't fit anymore. All my workout clothes are from 30-50 pounds ago. Not even the pants with drawstrings stay up when I run. It is time to invest in some new clothes to sweat in.

I saw an article recently about running skirts. The concept appeals to me. They have shorts in them but the skirt covers your bum from spectators and it also covers your thighs from the dreaded ride up. They are also credited with reducing chaffage. I can dig that.

Has anyone ever noticed that work-out wear does not come with pockets? That's great for people who go to the gym all the time. I mean, pockets would make your hips look less then flattering on an elliptical machine, but what about those of us that run outside? Where are we supposed to put our keys? I wear mine on a ribbon around my neck, but I would like just one pocket that would hold my key and keep it in the pocket when I bounce around. Please? Thanks.

I also had the realization this morning that it is time for some new running shoes. I got my current ones the summer before college, so it has been 4 years since I have gotten new shoes. Very bad runner, no cookie. Not that I have run everyday of those 4 years, but I have done some time in the gym and recently on the pavement. 50 pounds worth of time, actually. I'm pretty darn proud of that, but it has taken me 3 years and 20 more pounds to go. I'll get there.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010