17 July 2008

I've Gotten Good At Moving

(Sonja Novak Original)

In my spare time I've been trying to figure out how to pack if I do end up moving cross country. The things that I've been most worried about moving are my books and my pictures. My books still need a moving epiphany to happen since mailing all of my books would cost an obscene amount of money considering the weight of them all. However, they are far too important to me to just leave here. Some of those books have been my best friends over the years. I will be condensing them dramatically though.

The picture dilemma has been solved! I have two big pictures one is my favorite black and white of a British telephonebooth lit up at night, the second is a hand-painted one of a kind, inspired by me, oil painting by Sonja Novak( featured above). I've got to keep all my originals because one day she will be HUGE on the art scene! And I happen to have drawings she did of us as a kid and everything including sketches, pottery, and paintings. I mean I'm her number one collector. Plus, this painting would be pretty boss in a nursery. This painting does happen to be 3X4 ft. How does one mail these huge pictures? Easy. Take them off of their canvases/frames and roll them. Genius. I can totally buy new frames or re-stretch the canvas.

Now, books? How do I move those suckers?

2 Remarks:

Sarah Eve said...

Book rate isn't too bad. Drastically cheaper than regular USPS shipping rates. There's also UPS for really big boxes. I shipped my books, guitar, and computer to Texas via those 2 methods.

littlecalder said...

my ladies! featured on your blog! woo! hehe.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010