10 July 2008

Sad News, again.

My mother decided to put Little Kitty down sometime today for very stupid reasons, in my opinion. Of course, I don't believe in killing, period, so I'm having a rough day. She wouldn't listen to me and I'm pretty sure that she decided to go through with it. I mean it has only been 4 days, the vet sees nothing wrong with her, and the only thing mom is going on is that the cat is "evil" now. And that makes perfect sense and you can totally prove that! Of course she's mad at me now for telling her not to do it. Believe me, I said it very, very nicely without calling her psychotic. To quote myself word for word I said:

"Not having been there and seen her, it is hard for me to know how bad she is. However, I think that putting her down without her being in definite pain is a mistake. She has had a rough 4 days and she might just need time to readjust. No one knows what happened to her, and what did could have been, and surely was, very traumatic. It seems rushed to put her down after 4 days. I wouldn't want a hasty decision to dictate her life, or death, only to find out that she would have actually recovered given time. "

Her response to my e-mail is going to go up on the charts with "you're going to hell" (yup, my own mother has told me this and meant it) and "I didn't raise you to be like that [to be a harlot]" (yeah, that one was a real hum dinger. That's what she said when I told her that one day I was going to live with Steven and that I love him very much) and all the other wonderful verbal abuse I've gotten from her over the years.

Calvin and Hobbes said it perfectly: "I'm related to people I don't relate to."

Can I be emancipated yet? 10 more months... Just 10 more months...

2 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

:-(

Ms.Domestique said...

I know. I'm not really sure what's going on. Mom didn't take her, which is good. But it seems that she let her outside and she wondered off. No news about if she wondered off to die. But I much prefer giving the cat that option then just injecting it against her will.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010