14 July 2008

I Love My Honey Bunches

A few months ago Steven realized that I was lactose intolerant. I was just so used to having an upset stomach every time I ate that I never made the connection. It took him to say "do you realize you get sick every time you have milk" for me to go...huh... yeah I do. After giving up milk I've felt better then I ever have digestively speaking. I've been trying to make the transition to soymilk for a while. It has been a long road paved with iced soy caramel macchiatos with sugar-free vanilla, but I finally can't taste much of a difference. I also don't like lactaid. Going without milk has made me just not like the taste. Tonight I finally ate cereal with soymilk and enjoyed it. It was the first time I've had cereal since April.

3 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

congrats! i am very happy for you. hooray for soymilk! another happy convert.

Sarah Eve said...

I use Lactaid milk... but I've always been curious about soy milk.

Ms.Domestique said...

Lactaid was just too sour for me. I'm still transitioning to soy. It takes a while. It is good but it really doesn't taste like milk. It tastes more like a vanilla drink. I still can't drink it straight but it is really great mixed with stuff! If you can find some on sale (sometimes the dollar tree gets in soymilk) it's worth a try.

I find it very funny that the only two lactose intolerant people I know are the ones who responded to my post. :P

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010