29 July 2008

SSB


Carrie Bradshaw once wrote that every woman has Secret Single Behavior. SSB is something that a person only does in private and never in front of a partner. With marriage, sometimes the SSB ends, other times, in the case of Charlotte it doesn't.

Tonight I was thinking about my previous SSB behavior and I realized that mine is dressing up as fancy as I can get, doing my make-up ridiculously and taking pictures of myself. I have never and will never do this in front of Steven (at least I don't think that I could, the thought of doing so makes me horribly embarrassed). Tonight I got bored and got all gussied up. It was incredibly relaxing and I had forgotten how much I used to do it when I lived in the dorms.

I was wondering, do we all have those little things we only do for and with ourselves? What are your Secret Single Behaviors? If you are married do you still do them, in front of your other half, or just wait until your spouse leaves the house?

2 Remarks:

Rex Venom said...

But he would get a kick, no?
Happy almost a year.
Rock on!

Anonymous said...

For me it's music, whether writing music, singing, or playing guitar (would be also piano but I had to leave my keyboard behind in Gloucester). I figured when I got married I'd be so comfortable with the man I marry that I'd be able to express myself in these ways even with him around... yet old habits of keeping this part of me private from everyone have not changed.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010