09 July 2008

World's Ugliest Loveseat


Anyone who has seen the first pictures of Oliver has seen the hideous pattern on my loveseat. It used to belong to my grandmother and believe me, it looked fabulous in her living room. I'm just not really sure how the fabulousity didn't translate when it came under my possession. C'est la vie. It is a special shape so I had to order a special slipcover and it cost a pretty penny. I'm trying it out and I wanted to know your opinions. Thoughts?

I would have much rather bought a new couch, but since I don't know where I will be in the next 10 months I decided an expensive slipcover was a better solution then an expensive couch that I'll have to move later. The question is can I live without the slipcover and with the embarrassing print that shames me in front of company? Or stick with the slipcover that will dock my paychecks... cause I can think of a lot of things I would rather buy to be honest, but I'll have to move those too...

It's more important to me to support Steven's dreams and move wherever he can find a job he loves then to have all the pretty things I want right now and can finally afford if I budget. Far more important. However, my high maintenance self is having trouble with it. I'll admit it, I can be very high maintenance about some things. I'm trying my hardest to downsize and cut back and be frugal and not accumulate more things. I'm trying to embody Mrs. Norris in Mansfield Park for all you fellow Janeites out there. Only without the attitude. And yes, Mrs. Norris the cat in Harry Potter is in fact based on a Jane Austen character! Purging is very good for me, really. I'm slowly embracing it and really learning to love it and realizing all the stuff I really just don't need. And I'm giving tons to charity, for people that really do need it.

I'm doing it all for us though. Cause to me we are an us already.

1 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

Before I got married I got rid of so much stuff! I realized how much I don't need. First of all, I had gained some weight so half of my clothes didn't fit. I sold some of my fancier dresses on ebay to help gather some money (and boy did I need it) then gave the rest to friends. We had a swap meet at my church right before I moved. So I packed up the clothes and stuff, sent it off to the event, did NOT attend the event as to not accumulate more stuff, and then whatever wasn't claimed went to charity. It was a good thing. I felt lighter afterwards.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010