28 July 2008

Wedding Anecdotes


Since Steven and I were in my hometown for a wedding, naturally the subject came up a lot and not even from me. I wanted to share a few of the more humorous stories.

#1: Steven and I went to Williamsburg on Sunday. Williamsburg is my favorite place! We found a great pancake place called the Gazebo. I highly recommend it! They even have a signed photo of Jon Stewart who went to William and Mary, so you know it's good if it's Jon Stewart approved. Well on the way there we passed a Christmas shop. I've been on the lookout for pickle ornaments in order to prove to Steven that the legend of the pickle ornament is actually pretty popular. He and his mother had never heard of it and that shocked me. Steven says we will go there after we eat and he bets me a kiss that they don't have them. Well, guess who was right? Me. They had them and they even had little note cards explaining the history. So I got one for myself and for Steven's family as a Christmas gift. As the lady at the register was ringing me up I was telling her that "His mother had never heard of them can you believe it?" and later she asked me: "which note do you want for the ornament for your mother in-law?" I didn't deny her... how awkward would that have been? Hehe.

Steven took it in stride and we had a giant pickle giggle the whole way home.

#2: As we were driving back or maybe as we were driving there, I can't remember, we got talking about rings. I was telling him about all the cool stuff you could do with stimulant diamonds including getting the diamond engraved. Then I started telling him about a ring on the Carat website that has a princess cut center and baguettes on the side. The poor boys says to me: "so you want me to get you a ring and some bread?" I had to explain that they're little bread shaped diamonds and not actual bread. Now I genuinely expect bread when he eventually proposes... it's the goofiness I love about us anyway.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010