11 July 2008

Trip To The Big City!

(Without Flash so you can kind of see that they are a little different)

(With Flash and lookin' pretty nice together)

I went to Roanoke tonight to try and find Steven a tie for Caitlin and James' wedding. Let me tell you, my boyfriend is so hard to shop for! He needs extra long everything because he is so tall. The only place that sells extra long ties is Casualmale XL. They're pretty fabulous but I had to drive 45 minutes to get to one. While I was there I signed up for the catalog and for a keyring points thing. I should get a coupon for Steven's birthday. How cute is that?

Not only is Steven hard to shop for but I picked the hardest dress in the world to try to match anything with. I ended up going more with texture and pattern then color. It goes pretty nicely and it was definitely a good challenge for my eye with patterns. I'm always scared to mix patterns. I'm more along the lines of "pattern? Mix it with a solid." Pattern mixing can be done, and done well, but it's something I'm always working on. Thoughts?

I found a way to Roanoke that uses back roads. You can actually get to 81 from Main St. in Blacksburg. However, mountain roads are not for the faint of stomach. I cannot sit in the passenger seat on a mountain drive. However, I'm perfectly alright driving them. I went out into the farm country you hear about near Tech. You think it's an Urban Legend until you really hit a back road. They're just so ding dang fun to drive! They always make me feel like I'm at the arcade doing a driving game. I loved those as a kid. I like to learn the country way around. It makes me feel like I really know my way around somewhere, like I really live there. I also seem to have inherited my father and grandfather's love of curvy roads and driving them just for the heck of it. Dad used to just put us in the car on a weekend and just drive and drive. You can see some cool stuff. Lots of cows, but eventually you find some neat stuff. Tonight I found a cool little creek that you can pull over on the side of the road to check out. A lot of locals were doing that as I was driving by. I'm game to go check it out next time I've got a friend in town.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010