19 July 2008

Never Rent From TNT. Ever.

They are the worst management company in Blacksburg. I had nothing but issues with them when I lived in my old apartment. Everyone I have ever met who has ever rented from them swears up and down how horrible they are.

I personally did everything on the move-out checklist. It took me weeks to do all the ridiculous cleaning they wanted. When I got my security deposit back I was charged $125 for a professional cleaning company to clean it. Nowhere in the lease does it state that we have to use a professional cleaning company except for carpets and we had no carpets. Only one light bulb was listed as blown out on my move-out inspection and the bulb actually blew during inspection. I got charged for 4 light bulbs. I also got charged for 2 stricker plates. Those are the little plates that go on your doors between the door and the frame. Yeah, I'm sure we stole those just for kicks. In actuality the lazy workmen probably just forgot to put them on when they re-did our locks. Among other things. So the security deposit was a little over half of what it should have been.

I'm super excited to get contact from psycho- ex roomie (P.E.R.) blaming me for all the things we were charged for. I'm SO excited for that. I mean, it's not like I still have nightmares about her or anything. It's not like I live with daily reminders about how horrible she was to me. Just when I thought things were over: nope. This is going to open up another can of worms. I can block her from everything but my phone. Verizon is dumb and doesn't let you block numbers on a cell phone. It will be tempting to change my number.

However, little does TNT know that my mother works for a lawyer and gets free legal council.

1 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

i'm pretty sure that they shouldn't be able to charge you for the cleaning service if it was cleaned well by you, and it wasn't anywhere in the lease that it had to be by a professional/you would have to pay for them to hire one... i mean, i'm no expert, by any means, but that just sounds... illegal.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010