25 July 2008

De New Neighbors Dey's Yankees

As chic as I try to be, deep down I'm just a farmer's daughter. I have moments when I feel just down- right country and I had one of those moments today.

My parent's closest neighbor of 10+ years recently moved out after a messy divorce. The new tenants are definitely not from "these parts." My evidence? They have a city trashcan out at the end of their driveway. This would be all well and good if we lived near Main St. where even the water is from the city and everyone gets their trash picked up, but we live on the outskirts of a tiny town. We live so far out of town that the water is from your well, corn lives next door, and high speed internet doesn't even run out this far. I don't think that anyone has informed the "new folk" that we are in an area that is about a 2-5 minute drive from the regions land-fill and that we get to use it: for free (well you're taxed for it), without paying refuse fees every month.

They might notice something is amiss when they realize that they are the only people on the road that have their trash collected. There is a first for everything, but it gave me a huge chuckle.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010