16 August 2008

Twilight


Ok, at first I was skeptical about this series. It is for young adults and is supposed to be some grand romance... and I was thinking "really, how grand can it be?" However, as an English major it is my duty to read the boring classics as well as keep up with the reading trends. That, and trendy books keep me sane. I get to escape into a world where symbolism, allusions, syntax, etc., don't matter.

Granted it was a tad predictable for me, and Stephanie Meyer's take on what a vampire is was interesting (weird twists like actually being able to be in the sun), and I loved all the characters. The vampire family is amazing; broken yet hopeful.

Even with all the predictability and the cliches about vampires, I'll be damned if I didn't sit on my loveseat giggling audibly and blushing like a school girl! I'm serious! It was BAD! Steven was a witness. When we got on skype to video chat I seriously had to take some calming breaths ad try to calm myself down. It didn't work. I just kept giggling and blushing and had to explain a gorgeous fictional vampire to my boyfriend.

So this book confirmed what I knew all along:
  1. My childhood phobia of vampires was completely stupid and I wasted a lot of time when I could have been drowning in the genre.
  2. If I ever met a vampire it would be completely possible for me to be seduced by one. I mean how can a girl possibly resist the chiseled body, piercing eyes, super strength, super speed, gracefulness, and above all their dazzling seduction moves and there little skill of you know....controlling you a little... and not to mention all the danger and mystery involved, oh and how they're always smart, witty, and have some historic charm to them...

I mean really, how can a girl resist?

She can't, so bottom line: Read This.

2 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

i think somebody has a crush... hehe. i can't wait to read it though! this guy sounds like he trumps christopher seaton, the way you described him!

Ms.Domestique said...

um... quite possibly. But Christopher Seaton is still up there in the rankings. Laughs.

I think we need to read "Rose In Winter" again. Have a little book club... just for our favorite books with steamy love-scenes. 2nd book, Chalice and the Blade.

Maybe I need to do a blog of favorite literary characters...

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010