31 August 2008


I finally figured out something to do for Steven. It is something incredibly meaningful to me because it is something I'm usually terrified of attempting: I'm writing him a sonnet. The original declaration of sentiment, the fusion of form and feeling, why didn't I see it sooner?

I'm using the Shakespearean sonnet form because I find it far less complicated then the Petrarchan sonnet (the Italian form). I haven't written a sonnet in 4 years, the last time being when I had to do it for a school competition. I did win 2nd place, but it was the hardest assignment I ever did. However, it is proving much easier then my novice days of English study. I've read a great deal more poetry now, 4 years more.

I stayed up until 3 am and I got 2 stanzas and the couplet done.

1 more stanza to go and then I'm going to edit and most likely rework the whole thing.

Wills, Keats, Byron, Elizabeth and Robert, Shelley, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Yeats, Austen, Dickinson, Poe, help a sister out!

1 Remarks:

Sarah Eve said...

Great idea! Good luck!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010