14 August 2008

More Of My Profs Need To Learn This:

Boredom will always remain the greatest enemy of school disciplines. If we remember that children are bored, not only when they don't happen to be interested in the subject or when the teacher doesn't make it interesting, but also when certain working conditions are out of focus with their basic needs, then we can realize what a great contributor to discipline problems boredom really is. Research has shown that boredom is closely related to frustration and that the effect of too much frustration is invariably irritability, withdrawal, rebellious opposition or aggressive rejection of the whole show.


When We Deal With Children-
Fritz Redl

I'm very concerned about being bored this semester. Last semester there wasn't a single class that I was genuinely interested (except Austen, I never missed a class) in.

Give me some sizzlin' intellectualism and teachers I can worship for their minds, daddy-o. They just need to offer a degree in Welch.




0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010