22 August 2008

Baby Stuffs

I have already had a very productive morning since I have been up since before 7am. I woke up today very excited for Steven to get home and I had a great urge to shop for little "Peanut."

Apparently our goodwill doesn't carry baby stuff so I went to Target first (nothing else was open at 8am) and then to a fabulous second hand store called Once Upon A Child. I got some cuteness and passed up a lot of stuff. I'll go back and get that fun stuff later like pacifiers, diapers, diaper cream, sippy cups, you know, most of the stuff that no one thinks to get but that she will really need. Target also had a really great first-aid kit for a baby with the nose snot sucker, nail clippers, thermometer, medicine applicator and other important things to have for $9.99.This is all the stuff I got and I'm super excited about it! I got her a few onesies, the staple of the baby wardrobe. I tried to get some varying sizes so that she has stuff once the baby starts growing. I also got her a yellow sleeper with a duck on it. Did I mention that I love yellow and ducks for babies? Oh and green and blue and turtles.
This is a little onesie that is for 0-3 months and it says first giggle. Cuteness. It was also a dollar at the second hand baby store.
Amy had mentioned that she saw a onesie at Goodies that said "I Love Mommy" and loved it but didn't get it. I found one on clearance at Target for $2 something.
I also got her a blanket that I had to pay full price for but worth it($3.99)... it is green, Ames' favorite color, and what I would consider a gender neutral. I had to get her something polkadotted! The dots are kind of my thing, you know. Plus it has blue and pink dots on it so when the baby arrives and if she feels like dressing it in the "classic" color schemes it will match. She is due in January so I was trying to get her warm smaller sizes to keep the baby warm.

It was so hard not to buy her something amazingly frilly and girlie. Very very difficult cause I do love those bows and frills and pinks and purples and fabulous cuts (and I'm a bit partial to wanting a girl one day). But can I rant for a minute? Apparently the gender neutral colors are put in the boy section because apparently anything with a bow is for a girl... There was no section for "both" it was either boy or girl. Makes it hard to buy for a person who has decided to be surprised or for people who don't want to implant gender stereotypes at an early age. I mean I know people get confused about the babies gender if it isn't dressed in blue or pink (they're all bald and tiny), but does it really matter? If it does you can just ask and if you find that rude you can just keep your mouth shut.

As Seuss said: "A person is a person no matter how small."

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010