11 August 2008

Littlest Pet Shop


I can't believe I forgot to blog about the things I saw around town in Roanoke! I was a little ill from the experience for a few days.

The most interesting thing I saw at the mall (besides all the fabulous clothes I can't afford) was a pet shop. I didn't think that real pet shops still existed. I still don't know how I feel about buying animals, not adopting them... I have my qualms about it, but there are some benefits such as knowing the exact breeding of your dog and the family health line and such. However, I still feel guilty for not adopting my cat. Even though I love Oliver and I know he's the cat companion for me, I know he most likely would have ended up in a shelter or on the streets. So I saved him from that, but there are a ton of animals that need help in shelters. I donate to shelter causes whenever I can.

The amazing thing about this pet shop was that they offered credit lines to pay for your pet! Credit! For a pet! I was blown away. I didn't know such a thing existed. But I could get a cocker spaniel puppy for just $48 a month and I was incredibly tempted... They had cream and light brown ones with little freckles on their noses! Oh my goodness... I have always wanted one of those things. I still sleep with my stuffed Cocker Spaniel, Shelley. The connection to the poet is pure coincidence. I know that Steven only wants big dogs so that he doesn't trip over it, or hurt it. And for some reason I've noticed that guys seem to want big dogs. I don't know why, maybe it goes with the big truck, big toys thing. Got to be all big and "manly." I don't think I'll ever get that. Maybe I'll start collecting change from parking lots to save up for my own dog. And I'll nickname it Mr. Muggles to really get on Steven's nerves. ;) I'm horrible. I really am.

2 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

You DID adopt Oliver. My parents being from rancher families didn't believe in spaying and neutering the cats, so we ended up with too many kittens at one point and I needed people to adopt some of them. I was very grateful they had loving owners instead of being endangered by overbreeding illnesses (too many cats, they just seem to get sick). At that point I found work online and began earning money and then getting the cats spayed and neuetered myself. My parents jumped on the bandwagon once they saw the huge difference it made in the health of the cats. Granted, I had to spend over 1K to get the point across.

Anyway, I've been on the other side and trust me, you did a valiant favor by choosing to parent Oliver.

Ms.Domestique said...

Thanks so much!

Either way we've saved each other.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010