02 August 2008

Hodge Podge

Ok, I am seriously behind on my blogging. Apologies to my "faithful few" but I've been trying to get school work done. Schoolwork is technically what I should be doing right now, but you know, I need some me time before I start on it again.

However, for a while I was blogging about 5 times a day. So if you have been away from my little world for a while, you might want to scope out the older posts. Hint, Hint.

I have so many things I need to blog about so I'm just going to roll them into one big installment.

1st: James and Caitlin's wedding was amazing! I had such a great time and it was such a beautiful experience. I got to catch up with a lot of people including my blog family Sarah and Caitlin. It was so great to see Caitlin again! She was so gorgeous in her dress! And it was even better to see James and Sarah and all of their family. I haven't seen James since before he shipped off to Hawaii and it was an honor to witness his wedding. I also haven't seen him that genuinely happy in a long time and that made my heart swell. The fact that Caitlin was the cause of that happiness made my heart swell for her too. James seriously could not have done better. Caitlin is so amazing and her wedding was so well planned and just beautiful. Congratulations to you both! You deserve only the best, and only the best together. And I promise I will be sending your present soon. It is sitting right here on my dining room table. I didn't want to send it while no one was home to get it. I always have trouble with the mail and the last thing I want is to have it returned.

2nd: My time at home was a very interesting experience. I ran into a bunch of people! Some were good experiences, others not so much. I found out a few of my old friends were expecting children! So many things have changed back home it is amazing. Lots of construction and lots of new shops. I had a very fabulous experience with a person I have "bad blood" with. My encounter with her kind of MADE my weekend back home so I will have to relate the story to cyberspace. Now this girl and I have never gotten along but for quite sometime she pretended to be my friend while simultaneously being a complete backstabber. We were only acquaintances through my best- best- best- friend who I take a great deal of care for and anything that concerns her concerns me. It's like a mafia situation of family loyalty. About a year ago, said nasty girl proceeded to tell my best friend that her mother (who really is the greatest woman who has ever lived, and should really be cannonized for the pure beauty of her huge and selfless heart) was a horrible mother even after she had known her for years and had been on the receiving end of all the amazingness of my best friend's mother. Most insulting thing to say EVER! So my best friend and I were finally like: "this is it, absolutely no communication with two-faced girl." And who do I run into at Starbucks? Oh yes: the insulting-one. I had a moment of pure bitchiness. Even though it was out of character, it was AMAZING! She tried to say hello to me like she didn't hate me like we were just old friends who hadn't seen one another in years. I gave her the most soul-stabbing look and she just turned away and never looked at me again. I loved it.

3rd: While I was at home I went through the remaining items I left at my parent's house. I found my 8th grade dance dress and I had to try it on. I haven't been able to fit into that dress since the 8th grade, eight years ago, and it didn't even zip up last summer. I tried it on just for kicks and IT FIT! I was elated! I brought it back with me to my apartment and now I need an excuse to get fancy! Where does one wear a ballgown these days?

On a side note: Oliver, the kitten, is driving me out of my mind! He will not stop attacking me. He's getting big enough that everything hurts. I've tried everything! Loud claps, loud "NO"'s, spray bottles: I mean everything. My latest tactic is hissing at him. I figure when he gets annoyed or doesn't like something he hisses, so the same body language might translate a little better. I dunno. I'm really trying but I'm also getting extremely frustrated and I've got more scratches and bites then I know what to do with. I'm getting warn out. He gets fixed next week so I'm hoping that will calm him down a bit.

1 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you!!! And of course it was great to meet Steven! I'm glad you both were able to come to the wedding. It made it more enjoyable for me to have you two to hang out with :-)

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010