09 August 2008

Smoke and Shadows


Tanya Huff has done it again! She has written a series that I won't be able to get enough of. This book was not what I expected. The main character, Tony, who we know from her previous series was way more developed then his small appearances in the "Blood" series. You have to read the series before this to have any idea what is going on. Huff alludes to the other books from the get-go. I was slightly disappointed that Vicky didn't make an appearance. I have always been cheering for Vicky and Henry even when Vicky became a vampire like Henry. Long story, read the other series. I don't want to go too much into the details or I'll give too much away.

Huff is kind of difficult to find. She is at your local Barnes and Noble, but trying to find her at the library is close to impossible if you don't live in a huge city. Henry Fitzroy is the greatest vampire on the scene today. Really, they don't come any more seductive, witty, or royal. Henry is actually the bastard son of Henry VIII. That's part of the reason I love him so much. Even though he's the best, most people aren't familiar with Tanya Huff's work. I blame this on the fact that she happens to be Canadian and she just doesn't get the marketing here as she does back home. Take it from me, a person who has read four complete series from her and is starting on a fifth. You will love her books. You will not be able to put them down the first time you read them. You will fall in love with her stories and characters and hopeful outlook. I know this, because I have.

I was turned on to her books when I had pneumonia in the 10th grade. I had read all the books in my possession so I begged my mother to let my best friend come over to bring me reading material. A fan was born. While I should have been sleeping I was reading Sing The Four Quarters, still my favorite. Huff spreads like wildfire. Everyone I've turned on to Huff has not been disappointed. My college roomie (who I love to death) and I spent a good chunk of time just passing Huff books back and forth and reading choice passages to each other.

Ok, where's the next book in the series?

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010