25 August 2008

First Class


(I used to read this as a kid on the night before school)

My first class, Renaissance Lit, seemed relatively painless. Two 4 page papers, essay midterm, essay final; the basic English class. However, it was located in room 109 Shanks. It might as well have been in room 101 in 1984, since that is the room that I had Shakespeare in. Shakespeare, who is part of the "Renaissance Literature" cannon and is also the worst class I have ever taken, with the worst teacher I have ever had.

Irony, you are a cruel mistress.

Maybe it is the universe's way of telling me to get back on that proverbial horse. Don't let one class slow me down, don't let one teacher convince me I'm a plague to the English degree.

If I don't like Chaucer or Technical Editing then I'm going to stay in the class, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. If I don't keep it in my schedule, I at least have the knowledge I attended one class of Renaissance lit and tackled my hatred of Shakespeare. I don't think my colors showed too much when his name was mentioned.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010