23 May 2008

White. Dove. In. The. Sand.


The title is from Blowin' in the Wind by Bob Dylan, and it also happens to be my email name. I got rambling about the beach in a comment I made on a friends blog (see the link, Supposed Newlywed Bliss, great blog, check it out!). And it got me thinking about how much I miss the beach. This year will be the first summer that I have spent away from the shoreline...and it has just hit me how I'm going to miss it. Going from beach time on any days off to no beach time... This is very sad since I've spent many a great day on the beach musing philosophy with friends, reading, swimming, getting over body insecurities, running around, and generally being goofy. This is also going to be the first summer I won't be seeing fireworks on the beach... but I think that I'm ok with that. Every year Sony and I go and we always say we aren't going to go next year. Traffic is always so horrible, and the fireworks never last long enough to wait 2 hours in a line of cars. But the waiting can be fun and interesting. Last year I remember blasting my John Lennon album on the radio. Summer nights and John Lennon...really, does life get any better? Last 4th of July I went on a trip to see Steven on the only time that I had off. That was interesting... we were still figuring each other out then.

But it seems Sony and I might make a trip up to Summerville lake in West Virginia. It's really the most beautiful place I've ever seen! My family likes to go there a lot. We've rented cabins up there before. They offer dive adventures to the bottom, so I might have to go make bubbles and, you know, actually use my scuba certification. Always adventures to be had! So who's up for camping and swimming and kayaking?

1 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

karma! Karma!! remember shouting that at that incredibly rude person who nearly hit the person in front of them to avoid letting one single car in? they were mean. then a nice person let us in.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010