05 May 2008

I Just Keep Rollin






The sushi turned out better then expected with only a few hitches. First...rice took forever because I used brown! Second...burned myself with the steam. Third no salt to add to the rice, rice vinegar, and sugar to make it sticky. Fourth, Steven didn't own a cutting board. So he went out and got amazing bamboo ones! I'm pretty much in love with them. My avocado split beautifully so I had to take a picture of it. Steve's mom taught me how to peel them. I cut way too many veggies so I will be eating them for the next few days, but that's alright, I've been craving fresh veggies! They rolled alright, I was fairly pleased with that. I just wish there was a sharp knife anywhere in this apartment and that my knives weren't at the apartment I don't live at anymore. Overall, loved making sushi. I need to find a way to make brown rice faster, how to not burn myself with steam and I need my display plates which are also in the apartment I don't live in. I was reading on a website that sushi is 60% presentation, so I need to work on that.

Even with all the bumps in the road....my sushi still tastes amazing. Just like Sonja's home cooking, laughs.

And that's pretty fierce.

3 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

those are looking great! looks like you did a decent job cutting them, even without a proper knife.
there's not really a way to speed up the cooking of brown rice, you just gotta wait. but its worth it, has so much more flavor! i love it.
and now i really want sushi. i need to make some when i go home.. laughs, that'll be interesting...

Anonymous said...

ahhhh! make me some damn sushi! it looks yummy!

Ms.Domestique said...

Hehe, I'm glad you liked my sushi!

I wish I had more people to cook for. I like cooking for others more then cooking for myself.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010