12 May 2008

Filling my hours with projects and cleaning.


So when I'm not working, I'm at my old apartment packing and doing craft projects. Today I painted two pieces of furniture. A desk hutch my dad made me, which I put baskets in and used for a dresser and will be using as my tv stand in my new place. Don't be afraid, it's really going to look nice, sleek, and modern. I also painted a bookcase the same grayish brownish black called Fired Earth. I love it! I don't like open woods, I like the contrast of light and dark so all my furniture is pretty dark. Just an excuse to need a big house one day...but...but...all the darkness makes the room look small... I need to apply a second coat to both tomorrow. My mom is going to be painting my end tables the same color and bringing them to me. It's really great to be able to work on house projects.

The apartment is a complete wreck. The living room is all boxes and you cannot see the floor in my room. The apartment is getting shown tomorrow so I'm going to have to try to straighten it tomorrow. I also need to get a new battery for the smoke detector. I went to test it today...and oops, didn't work. Good thing we never had a fire. :/ Lots to do. If I finish painting I think that I'll start on my wall decor project. I'm super excited about it. Even more exciting... I got to bring out my Christmas tree, just in the box, but it made me really excited for Christmas!

Can I have Christmas in July?

In my new apartment I can do anything I want. eee!

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010