19 May 2008

I want to know why the universe hates me so much!

So I'm on my way to run errands and get sweet things to do for my sweetie. I'm parked at a red light. And I'm looking around. In my peripheral the cars start moving so naturally I put my foot on the gas a little. But apparently too much since I'm on a hill. I bump the person in front of me. And now I'm going to be paying to have her bumper replaced because of the nickel sized scratch the screw on my license plate caused. I mean seriously. I can't afford this. Luckily I didn't get any tickets. Score there. No damage to my car. Seriously. I'm so FUCKED! My insurance has a $500 deductible...seriously what is the point of insurance when you pay so you don't have to pay? Am I just waiting for the time when I get in a wreck that will cost me 50,000? And I'll still have that $500 deductible. I think moving of campus was the worst decision I ever made. Everything has started going wrong since then. Crazy roomie, worst semester for my grades, working too much because I need a job to support myself, and that effects my grades because I have no time to focus on school work. So it's like...why am I in school again? I want to know what kind of voodoo my wiccan ex roomie is doing to me on a full moon. Seriously?

3 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! That's so unfair! My husband and I are going through a bought like that. Today my paycheck for $180 bounced, not only am I out the money but I incurred a fee of $22. We're both losing our health insurance through parents and spent an hour on the phone on hold trying to set up an appointment for local "welfare" type of medical insurance. Joshua wants to change his area of teaching from History to Biology but the college advisors all left early today so we spent an hour there to solve nothing. Plus we're both sick with colds. Joshua is out of a job in a week and a half (end of the school year) with nothing else lined up (he still has Chick Fila part time but you know that is not going to cover the bills) and my job got cut back and after my check bouncing I bet I have no job (which in my 6 years as a writer nothing like this has ever happened). And I found a kitten that I need to find a home for because we can't keep her and all of the shelters are full and I found out that Houston is the #2 city for killing animals because there are just too many :-( So yeah, in a lot of ways life sucks! The only good news is that we did successfully schedule an appointment to try to qualify for local medical coverage. Oh, and I got $100 for some editing work I did for a writer friend, someone I know in person so I'm certain the money will actually go through. But yeah, those were the only highlights of the day.

Ms.Domestique said...

Oh man! That really does suck. I hope that something opens up for both of you. I'm going to be in the same boat soon with health insurance. Steven will get health insurance through whatever job he gets, but I don't even know what kind of job I'm getting after college. Has Joshua thought of private tutoring during the summer? I'm sure if he put something in the paper he might get some feed back. And I hope a good home opens up for that kitten! If you weren't so far away I know a lot of people who want cats, heck I'd probably take it in. I hate kill shelters, but I wish more people would take the time to spay and neuter their pets! Try to stay positive, and hopefully some good will come from the local medical coverage. What are you doing to get your money from the check that bounced? I'd be bustin' a cap. Stay strong, honey!

Anonymous said...

Good news about the check, the company sent me a wire transfer to replace the check plus cover the overdraft fees. International finances are tricky and they see how the mistake was their fault. So that's all better. I have a lead on a home for the kitten. That's a start. I agree with people needing to spay and neuter their pets! There's a sign on our mailbox center offering kittens (which we think our kitten came from that litter but when we tried to contact some people they acted like we were crazy because they really didn't want to take the kitten back). One day I came across info for the free spay/neuter day for cats here in Houston which is next month. So I printed out the info and posted it right next to the "kittens in need of home" poster. Joshua thought it was the funniest yet most practical slap in the face. I felt better because at least I had done something. I had provided the community with information. I'm just so ticked off that I have this sweet, wonderful kitten but it's so hard to find a good home for her because there are so many more pets than homes. If people would spay and neuter their pets then there wouldn't be this situation!

Furthermore, Joshua has 3 interviews lined up for jobs! So things are looking up, but yeah, the other day just totally sucked!

How did the car insurance fiasco go?

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010