20 June 2008

Welcome To The World Oliver Linux!


The first night is over with, thankfully! Little Oliver is doing fine, and finally warming up to me and the apartment. He has been purring all day long, it's so cute when he walks and purrs because he shakes! He is currently taking a little nap in his pet carrier...and I'm relieved for the break, to be quite honest. I've been pretty nervous about the whole litterbox situation because he didn't use it until 10 this morning! Last night I fed him and gave him water and spent most of the night carrying him to the litterbox just in case. He would simply walk out of it. Until Oliver is big enough to jump up and off of my bed I don't want him to sleep with me. He is so tiny and my bed is so tall! He couldn't get out of it if he needed to in the night. Last night was so difficult to go to sleep! I put him in the bathroom with his pet carrier and his litterbox and said goodnight. And he started crying at the door, so I broke and let him out... and then put him back in there again because I knew if he was with me I'd spend the whole night worried about if he needed to go to the bathroom! I waited for him to calm down before I went to bed. He kept crying for about 5 minutes and eventually calmed down. I set my alarm for 7 am so that I could check on him. 7am rolled around and I got up and checked on him, and he was awake and alert, and ready to play... I was ready to sleep. So I fed him again, and did my litterbox thing, put him in there right after feeding: nothing. So I took him to bed with me and set my alarm in 30 minute increments and every 30 minutes we both woke up to go to the litterbox. Nothing. I got up at 9 to get in the shower and get ready. He cried the whole time I was in the shower. Then when he could see me again, he was fine! As I'm cleaning my face and brushing my teeth Oliver went over to the litterbox and went tinkle! Oh I was so happy! Sonja got here at about 10:30 and we gave Oliver some more food. After he ate that little stinker went right to the litterbox! I'm very relieved that he is actually litterbox trained. I was really concerned about it! I can't leave him alone when I go to work unless I know he can find it alright, and he can. He's so smart.

So far Oliver is scared of pretty much everything. My shoes, the air conditioner turning on, noises outside, my toes, his toys, everything. He has gotten better then last night though. He figured out that he can bat a ball and he is starting to realize if he wants to play rough it's better to do that with something stuffed instead of with me. He isn't used to being alone yet, and I understand that. He's doing really well right now, he's in another room and he is sleeping. It's the first time today that he hasn't either followed me around or sat right on top of me. While he's sleeping I really need to work on and finish a paper!

2 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

I bet he's adorable! I can't wait til I get out to Hawaii so we can get kitties!!! You are so freakin lucky!

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is so cute!!! I got to go home and see my babies this past weekend. Yes, all 23 of them, lol! It was so good to hold and cuddle my old pals and to meet the 5 new little ones. Oh how I miss my furry friends! But they do remember me, even after 6 months of me being away :-)

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010