15 June 2008

Drumroll Please!

So I FINALLY picked a name for a boy cat that I actually like. I'm not really a fan of boy names in general. This is why I should have like 5 girls and 1 boy, laughs. I originally liked Tumnus but I think it is too difficult to say. A name should be simple since I'm sure I'll be yelling it a lot for the first few months. "Get off the counter" "Stop scratching" etc.

So:

Boy: Oliver Linux
Girl: Sophie Bennet

I watched Oliver and Company for the first time today...and it totally made me cry a few times. I was leaning towards Oliver anyway and the movie sealed the deal for me. That whole opening scene when no one wants him.... I was like "I want you!"


I would take in anything that needed loving if I could. Kids, animals, anything abandoned. Right now it's just not an option for me so I have to use self control.

Linux is actually an operating system for a computer. Steven's favorite, as a matter of fact. When we first started dating it was pretty much all I heard about: "Linux has added this and that" and "look at this." It is really great because it's an open source program. And open source is really cool and pretty much the way of the future for programs... yeah, I've become interested in computer stuff, and I actually have played some video games. Portal is totally boss, you've got to play that. But I really like the name Linux, heck I'd even use it for a kid's middle name. I'm a total dork. As much as I want to, I can't just name everything after my favorite literary characters. However, Darcy IS going to be the name of my first son. No if, ands, or buts. I love that name just like I love the mysterious Mr. Darcy. But if I have to compromise I also like Bennet Arthur....Bennet being the last name of the family in Pride and Prejudice. And Arthur as in King Arthur. Since Steven's last name is King I'm really surprised no one is named Arthur. Imagine your drivers license saying King, Arthur! Yup, big dork, that's me...hehe.

1 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010