04 June 2008

Stretching. Canvas. Is. Pretty. Fly.

I did my fabric DIY project about 3 weeks ago but every time I have tried to load pictures it takes forever or I get a weird error. :/ Sorry for the delay! It turned out really cute. I finally got the pictures to load but without photoshopping them. I'll post pictures of the final product once I get them on my walls. I at least wanted to post the directions on here in case anyone was interested in a cute inexpensive wall decor project.

Here you go:


I found the stretcher bars at the local craft shop Mish- Mish, which is the most amazing art store I have EVER been in. I could get lost in there.


I started by connecting all the bars to make a frame. Really easy since all I had to do was slide them together. They turned out to be 12 inches by 27 inches.


Next I laid out my fabric. I started with my least favorite pattern just in case I messed it up somehow. I cut the fabric around the frame leaving enough fabric to be able to staple it to the frame.

Then came the stapling. I had to ask my best friend, the art major, for the best technique. She suggested doing opposite sides and then corners. This worked pretty well. I couldn't stretch it really tight, but since I'm not painting on them that isn't really a problem.

1 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

i totally want to go to the drive in now...

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010