16 June 2008

Almost done with this mess.

Well, I had my move-out inspection this morning. It went alright. Things were in way better condition then when I got there. However, a screen was torn that I didn't know about and a light bulb actually blew during the inspection... how lame. Those should be the only things that I'm charged for, hopefully. The utilities will be turned off 5 days from now, and then I will be done with my crazy roommate experience. Praise everything holy! Seriously, I think I'll be throwing a party, even if I just have myself over, or get myself something nice, it will be grand. I'm still not right from it all, I was burned super deep by the whole experience. I still believe that everyone has the ability to do good in the world, I'm just learning that not many people do. All I can do is be a good person even when people kick me when I'm down. It's who I am, and it may be a naive perspective, but only by believing that we can actually change can change actually happen.

I'm a huge fan of a lot of a lot of Ghandi's teachings. My favorite quote is by him: "Be the change you want to see in the world."

I try and I try.

1 Remarks:

Sarah Eve said...

I was talking about the similar theme earlier today. I was with a friend telling her about the trip I'm about to take when her 4 children were paying attention to what I had said and questioned me about my in-laws (the kids are young, ranging 2 to 7). I explained to them that some people don't understand the golden rule that if you're nice most likely people will be nice back and if you want people to be nice, you have to be nice first. But some people, like my in-laws, have been hurt by other people and so they forget the golden rule and are mean. But my husband and I will be nice to them when we see them.

Some people choose to be mean or have ended up mean through bad experiences (like I was telling the kids). It's good for you to choose to not end up "mean" due to bad experiences! But I am glad that you have learned that while everyone is capable of good, there are those that choose to not to do so.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010