20 June 2008

Ew...

Something I have always hated is how teachers exaggerate on the syllabus. Always stresses me out and makes me think: "there isn't possibly enough time to do any of this stuff, that must mean I have to get it done today before the class starts, I can't do that, I'm going to fail." Every semester I start off with a feeling of complete and utter doom.

For instance, for my new online class about Humanities and the Arts, my teacher writes via e-mail that there will be 10 projects. And I'm thinking...crap, I've got to start doing poster-boards again, clay models, and houses built out of ice cream sticks. Who has time for that anymore? Only to find out at the end when he outlines things is that by "projects", he really means quizzes with short answer/essays and true false and multiple choice questions, 9 of those and 1 paper I have to write after I go to an art exhibit... His exact words: "Assignments include short-answer and essay questions. You will find fill-in-the-blank questions, true/false questions, multiple-choice questions, and questions requiring you to write out either short or longer essay answers waiting for you on most assignment pages."

What Prof. Saffle doesn't know is that I've been to every large art museum in the state numerous times and I'm always the kid the curator loves because I was once an extreme know- it- all, and I could probably write this thing in my sleep, however I think I'm going to use it as an excuse to go up to DC and see Steven on a weekend... got to see the national Museum of Art, one more time.

Way to freak me out Prof. Saffle. You were just as intense and pointless when you filled in for your wife's Brit Lit class I took sophomore year. I just hope he isn't teaching any of her classes when I take Children's Lit with her this semester.

This class will probably take more thought then I want to put into it. Oh well. I'm sinking, hopelessly, in the Olympic- sized pool of academia at the moment. Somewhere I missed when it went from the kiddie pool, to the wading pool, to the water- aerobic section, to the deep end you can only dive in. I've never been a good diver. I need to find a second wind... like yesterday.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010