08 June 2008

Stranded at the Drive-in






Not really, I just wanted to quote from Grease. On Saturday night I went to my first drive-in movie with Steven (I totally forced him to take pictures) and my best-friend and her boyfriend. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie and it was ok. For me, it seemed oddly cast, extremely vague, short, and choppy. I really wasn't feeling the whole alien thing, I rarely do. For me Indiana Jones movies are about relics like the lost arc and the holy grail and not ancient Mayan alien skulls. There wasn't much mystery to the movie for me, it was really predictable and differed a lot in the way that Indiana normally figured things out. In the old days, he spent most of his time trying to figure things out, occasionally getting clues wrong, etc. Following his thought pricess helped keep you guessing. In this one he was simply: "oh that, obviously means.... such and such." For me, the movie turned out to be ridiculous, but I loved being outside on a summer night watching a movie for the pure nostalgia of being at a Drive-in.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010