10 June 2008

If the headboard is rocking, we're probably breaking something.



Over the weekend I made myself a headboard. My dad helped with most of it and I covered and attached it. It was a really simple and inexpensive project.

Supplies:
Pressboard- at Lowes this is 7.99 for the thickness we got. I think 3/4 of an inch. I wanted the headboard to be 54 inches tall. I based this measurement on a headboard at work that I like. Since I wanted it to be so tall we had to add a little board that extended it because pressboard only comes in 4X8 sizes.

Bolts and washers- all the bolts we got came to a few dollars, under $5.

Foam- I used an old twin size mattress topper I had from when I lived on campus. I cut it in half and stapled it around the board. I trimmed the extra and put that on the bottom so the wood wouldn't damage my floor or the fabric I got to cover it. The foam didn't cover the board completely, just the top part is covered.

Staple Gun

Fabric- It took me a long time to find fabric that was long enough since I didn't want any seams in the headboard. My bed is only 54 inches long so a standard 60 inch bolt of fabric worked perfectly for my needs. If I ever make a headboard for a larger bed then I'm going to have to play with seams and fabric directions. But I've got some ideas for that. The fabric was about $14 dollars, the most expensive item.

And I like the teal. Steven hates it. But I think I should be allowed to have color before I move in with him and everything is black and white. I also hold the opinion that it will grow on him.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010