12 September 2008

Pandora:


No, not the proverbial box, but the website for the Music Genome Project. I love it!

My favorite station:

Led Zeppelin. Type it in, try it out.

It plays all the old favorites that I love. It's a truth universally acknowledged that I wasn't exposed to modern music until the 3rd grade when I figured out how to use a radio and then I could only listen to oldies around my parents. The music stuck.

In fact I will never forget the first time I heard Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini (in case you haven't noticed it's the namesake of my blog, but it is also a great song from 1960). My dad had to take me to work with him on a cold fall day, I'm pretty sure it was Thanksgiving. It was the same time I was allowed to climb the woodchopper (I'm I wasn't serious injured growing up around farm life I will never understand). As we were driving home in my great uncle's big work truck that song came on the radio. That was such a cold day, almost as cold as the day I watched Dad and Eric redo the paint on his bug. Memories. And Steven wonders why I want a VW so bad. My life has been riddled with them. I was brought home from the hospital in a hunter green Bug, My parents had an orange Bus for their greenhouse, my brother (who I thought was the absolute coolest growing up had and amazing orange bug. It was so awesome because he always used to take it apart and put it back together. Pop-pop, my dad's father, had a cream Bug. Mom had a Rabbit. Memories.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010