24 September 2010

Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.

I literally couldn't live without vaccinations/antibiotics!  Too literal? Maybe.  But I picked up every sickness I could when I was a kid and I was always sick!  If I had been born during any other time period I don't think I would have made it to my teenage years.  When I was 16, I found out that I am a carrier for tuberculosis.  It has never become active, i.e. gotten to my lungs so that I can spread the love around, but I was still put on a 9 month treatment of antibiotics just in case.  In a few years it's recommended that I do another round of the horse pills, but I'd like to put that off as long as possible.

I haven't tried going without either of these things, but a few people recently have and we're seeing diseases we thought we'd eradicated sneaking back up. Like polio and whooping cough, and other such crazy things.  It's a pity, really, since all the research has shown that the autism/vaccine link is crap and that if we vaccinate we can save a lot of people. 

So, thank you, modern medicine!

Love,

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010