17 September 2010

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

In the 7th grade my friend Whitney moved back to Oklahoma.  Since I've never been to Oklahoma you can tell that I never went to visit her, but we were avid pen pals for a few years after her move.

I still have all our letters saved in a box.  She was such an awesome person and I miss being able to talk and dream with her.  She was always so crazy and I admire crazy people who aren't afraid to march to their own drum.

She's still in OK and I'm still in VA, so I doubt we'll ever get to hang out again or even see her again, but I didn't let her go on purpose.  We just grew up.

This just re-emphasizes that growing up is really dumb.  I'd really like to do it less.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010