23 September 2010

Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)

Dear Maw Maw,

Hands down, you're the type of grandmother I want to be.  Holidays were the best when I got to spend them at your house.  I would count down the days until Christmas starting in the summer because I knew Christmas morning we'd be on the road to Charlotte, NC and your mashed potatoes.  You are a style icon and a timeless beauty. 

It sucks that you got alzheimers and are no longer the amazing person you once were.  You never let me down, but this stupid disease did.  I really wish you could still remember me, but I'll remember you as long as I can.  And hopefully if alzheimers claims be too, I won't lose the memory of those Christmases, the way all your linens always smelled, the taste of your home-made candies, and you.

Love,

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010