24 October 2010

OCD Tendencies

I have been such a busy beaver this weekend!  I did about 10 loads of laundry and organized our closet.  I cleaned the bathrooms on the third floor.  They're the worst to clean because they're the ones that we use the most.  I feel like I could have gotten more done, but I've felt kind of funky--like I'm on the verge of getting sick.

Friday I made an enhancement to our laundry closet.  This house was clearly designed by a man because there is no light in there. You cannnot see what you're doing.  Apparently you don't need to see to sort/fold/wash clothes.

Maybe I really am just that blind?

I dunno, but for the past few months, we've just had a plug-in lightbulb hanging from the shelf in there.  It was something we re-used from a lamp that broke when we moved. It was pretty chicken-rigged in there.  And by chicken-rigged, I mean that it was just wrapped around the pole 10 times with the wire hanging in the way.

When I was at Ikea, the first of the two times I went this weekend, I found a shade that would work with the light cord we had.  I think it's quite quaint.   It reminds me of a pastoral painting.  Like it?

I also got a little carried away and organized the shelves re-using some bins I had been using for sweaters.  They have a little pink rose print on them.  Basically, I've made the laundry room so girlie Mr. S will never want to go in there.

Not that either of us really want to go in there.



A picture of the whole closet if you're interested:


Now I ask you: why was there no light in here?

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010