27 October 2010

Literary Days

Well you'll be proud of me, Monday I went to the library across the street from where I work and signed up for a library card.  I'm pretty stoked since they also rent e-books.  I do have a library card in my home county, but they are always closed whenever I have the time to go.  It's very inconvenient.

I swear that it always seems like I have the reading level of a 5th grader when I check out books.  For instance, this trip I checked out: James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Matilda.  Noticing the theme?  They're all Roald Dahl books and they're also on my BBC reading countdown.  I'm pretty stoked since Matilda (the movie) was one of my favorite stories growing up.  Apparently is was the honey's favorite too.  I never read the book though, so I'm excited to see if it's different/better.

I love childrens and young adult books!  I really believe that the books you read while you're younger really effect the person you become.  I also think they can teach adults some important lessons we maybe forgot along the way.  Plus, it keeps me young.  I always imgine how the books would sound if they were read out loud to little tiny ones and that makes me happy.

So what was your favorite kids book, and why?  I think mine was The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.  I loved it because of Lucy's kind heart, Peter's courage, Susan's strength, and Edmund's ability to change.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010