04 October 2010

Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

When I was in high school there were two times I got a little dramatic.  I had a loss of faith, if that's the right way to say it, and I got really freaked out that my whole world view was different.  I also wanted to give up when a doctor told me, when I was 16, I might not be able to have kids. 

But, I can hardly get enough energy to take myself to the gym, let alone do anything drastic, come on ya'll.  I do get depressed from time to time though.  My mom and her mother both have/had depression issues, so I always try to monitor myself.  Thankfully, I have an amazing support system and they tell me to get a grip every now and then.  It helps me so much because they wake me up to it when I can't see that I'm even down.

The most important thing to do, with anything, is to stay positive.  Your attitude can make or break a crappy situation.  I also believe that you'll never see the solution that's right in front of you, if you're so busy focusing on all the things that are going wrong.  Start with what's going right and work from there.  If you have to make a list of all the great things going for you, do it.  It helps.

I have so many great things in my life and I know that I'm lucky.  So I'll accentuate the positive.




Something peppy for ya:

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010