28 May 2010

Reminder of Home

Sorry I haven't posted anything recently.  I have a collection of half-written posts that I abandoned because I thought they were too snarky.

Lately I've had a craving for some Southwind food.  Southwind is the restaurant I worked at over the summer to support myself in college and it has some of the best food and the greatest people.  If you're ever in VA, check them out.

Now this recipe is not exact since the owner keeps all his recipes in his head, but I really need some cucumber salad in my life.  Nothing like some good food to remind you of the south in the summer, ya'll.  Nothing.

I'll be whipping this up this evening, and if you ever come over this summer I'll make it for ya:


MARINATED TOMATO AND CUCUMBER SALAD 
4 lg. tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 cucumbers, peeled & cubed
1 lg. Vidalia onion, peeled & sliced
1/2 c. olive or salad oil
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. oregano
Put prepared vegetables in large salad bowl. In smaller bowl combine remaining ingredients with wire whip until salt and sugar dissolve. Pour dressing over vegetables and let stand in refrigerator about 1 hour before serving for best flavor.

Delish!

1 Remarks:

Sonja said...

'round these parts we call that a Greek salad.. had one with supper, as a matter of fact! ;) the tomatoes here are amazing. Probably because they aren't picked green and shipped halfway around the world. Crazyness!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010