15 May 2010

A Place in the World to Sit


Steven and I have been on the hunt for a sofa since before we moved and now we have one!  We have tried out every sofa in the state.  I'm not even using hyperbole when I say that, promise.  We found a dream chenille sectional at Arhaus, but when we measured it was too big to fit in our space.  You see, this room was actually supposed to be a dinning room and living room.  They designed the living room to be at the far end by the front of the house and the dinning room table was supposed to be where the ottomans are...and I think that 6 ft does not a living room make.  So since we have a space in the kitchen for a table, I wanted the whole room to be a living room.

We ended up finding this sofa and chair at Crate and Barrel...a magical place, to be sure.  The cats certainly like it.  Penelope spent the morning rolling all over the furniture like it was catnip.  I got the ottomans at Pier 1, as well as the console on the right.  I also got matching end tables, but they're still in transit from the warehouse.  I'm still in a heated mental debate about what rug to put in here.

Now we really need to paint!  Let me tell you how gross our walls are.  The backstory of our walls is that the builders put the worst paint up, it doesn't even have a finish to it so anything that comes in contact with the wall is absorbed by the drywall.  Don't believe me?  Let me show you my jelly stain on the kitchen wall.  I hate the paint, so I've slowly been trying to paint a room at a time.  The only rooms I've managed to get done are the rooms upstairs.  Anywho, the dog's crate used to be in this room and the far corner is tres gross.

I spent the morning washing my baseboards.  I know that sounds ridiculous, and I used to laugh at my mother a lot when she cleaned the walls and the basboards, but dang it, I get it now. You work so hard to keep the house clean that the little details will keep you up at night!  I scrubbed those things to get the dog and cat gunk off of them.  I feel much better, but it made me notice all the nicks in the walls and all the stains and all the things I couldn't wash off because they had fused with the drywall.

The moral of the story kiddies is that you should always have a paint with some sort of gloss to it and that you will eventually turn into your mother.  Heaven help me.




2 Remarks:

Caitlin Nichols said...

I love your couch, and I can see that the kitties do too! haha!

Sonja said...

congrats on the new addition to your family!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010