13 October 2008

Fall Sunset






When I saw the sky tonight I grabbed my camera and ran outside to snap some pictures. I needed my tripod! Sorry they turned out kind of fuzzy; the low light needed a longer shutter speed and that would have required me to get out my tripod and do things manually and by the time I did that I would have missed it. Maybe another night I'll plan for it. I got some cool silhouettes of the trees though.

Anyways, like all things, it reminded me of a sonnet by Shakespeare. Number 73 to be exact:

That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
In me thou seest the twilight of such day
As after sunset fadeth in the west,
Which by and by black night doth take away,
Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.
In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the death-bed whereon it must expire
Consumed with that which it was nourish'd by.
This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long.

2 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

One word: Gorgeous

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010