16 February 2009

You know you're an over-worked English major when:

So tonight was a funny experience. I worked this morning 10-2 then I went to class. H had a test tomorrow so she called out for her shift from 5-10. So being the nice, dummy I am, I said: "Oh, I'll work for her if no one else can, just call me." I thought I only had to read 200 pages (novel, so that isn't so bad. Totally do-able since I read like a speed demon). However, as I'm on my way into work I remember that I needed to do a forum post about the book. So I call up my buddy T and I'm like: "we have a forum post (250 words) tonight, right?" He says: "Yeah, it's due before 9pm."

Well crap, I'm not off until 10 and I've only read 50 pages.

So I'm totally blue because I have never just NOT done an assignment. And I was all bummed cause I couldn't get to a comp with internet and write up something and I was planning my shameful e-mail to the prof (who refuses late work) telling her that I did the assignment and turned it in late just so that I did it and how I wouldn't expect a grade for it.

I decided to hand-write the response (at work), then I called up my bestie (who is after all, the best) and I dictated the whole thing to her for her to submit for me. So I wrote the most amazing crap drawing on things from the first 50 pages. Ugh. At least it's better than not doing it.

Since I picked up an extra shift that means I'll work 32 hours this week, with classes. It also means that since Friday I've worked 25 (normally what I work in a week). Kill me. I mean...seriously...this is getting ridiculous. I'm too darn nice.

At least my next check will be boss. I hope I can walk tomorrow. That's getting harder. My back is spent. Sorry to complain, but I'm losing my sanity. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't also have to, you know, graduate.


2 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

thank yew thank yew! next time though, they should go shove it, cause they're killing ya over there!

Tigergoose said...

awh, my gosh, you've stayed sane much longer than a lot of people. you're doing great! and you're going to luhve that paycheck

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010