27 February 2009

UGH

Rant: they're definitely going with Zophie. Trying to stay calm, trying to still be supportive, trying to still be excited. But I'm ultimately disappointed.


Sometimes it sucks that Steven and I are so responsible. We went to college to get careers to make money to support kids, we put off lives, we're planning for kids instead of having "oops" moments and then we will be stuck picking up the left over bits once we finally get around to having a family years after everyone else we know.

I hate that. I really do.

I know, I'm selfish and ungrateful. Like everything else, I'll get over it.



4 Remarks:

Caitlin said...

It is a tiny bit selfish, but I feel the same way you do. I look around and see people that I know having kids pretty much right after they get married or even before and it just makes me mad that people can't just be smart and responsible! Plus the name thing would make me a little pissy too. But...true story: When my best friend Tracie was pregnant she was planning to name the baby Aiden if it was a boy...and that was my FAVORITE name for a boy at the time! But by the time she was almost ready to have the baby, I was already over it. Plus, you and Steven still have a little while, you're clever people and I bet you'll come up with something even better!

The PettiCoat Pirate said...

windy@PLEASE name your baby whatever YOUR dream name is. My friend Linda and I both wanted "Madison's" . When I was pregnant with Tyler, I just knew he was going to be a girl, and I called him "Madison Nicole" the whole 9mths. 3 yrs later, Linda had her Madison. Then almost 10 yrs after Tyler, when I was pregnant...I knew if it was a girl, she would be "Lillian" and we would call her Lily, after my Grandmother that had passed. Time does change things I guess, cause I can't imagine Lily being any other name than Lily. And I really loved the name Madison!

littlecalder said...

you should just call the kid zoe even if they don't like it, hehe. maybe it'll stick!

Ms.Domestique said...

Haha, I'm definitely stubborn enough to still do what I want. I just get frustrated sometimes. But I always try to look on the bright-side.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010