10 February 2009

So... I just wrote a post and then deleted it cause I felt dumb... but Dianna cured me of that.

Basically...some friends of ours are having a baby girl and they're naming it Zophiel and want to call her Zophie...now every one here knows that my FAVE baby name is Sophie. Sophie is greek for wisdom so it's a way for me to pass down my last name and it's from the same root word as my two best friends whose names both happen to be Sonja/Sonia meaning wisdom. So I'm more then a wee bit bummed about that. I feel like Charlotte when a friend steals Shayla from her in epi 110. I'm such a Charlotte most of the time.

Anywho, Di suggested I post a list of all the names I like...and I happen to have that handy since I keep a digital copy that I edit: constantly. Here ya go:

Girls:
Sophie
Sophina (Steven's alternate name if they went with Zophie) Orelia (cause her initials will be SOK...our little socks. I'm also liking Orora or Osten...)
Iris
Magdalena
Ainsley
Daphne
Ceridwen- Fair Poetry
Isolde
Phoebe
Adia- I know it's a Sarah M. song but I loves it...it's Swahili for gift
Annice- Character in my fave fantasy book...whose daughter is Magda I also love that name...paired with Lena cause I have a great-great grannie named Lena...not to mention Raisin in the Sun...
Mira
Sage
Dahlia- new favorite
Viola- Tribute name.
Zora


Boys:
Levin-our fave boy name... stole it from Anna Karenina
Bennet- Austen name
Freiden- means Peace in German
Jude
Langston

I'm aware that the girl names outnumber the boy names. That's because I find girl names way more enjoyable mostly because they have more a's and light sounds. Guy names are kind of harsh to the ear. And I secretly want a girl or two or three.... :D

Names are a pathetic hobby of mine since we won't be having kids for 20 years. I've been obsessed with names since I was a kid. I had a baby name book for all my dolls/stuffed animals/cats. I'm also the girl who has loaned out her 100,000 baby name book to prego friends. Laughs. Those books come in handy.


4 Remarks:

Tigergoose said...

These names are all great! And unique (which is a plus). I especially love Jude, Mira, Adia. I had to do a post on names, too :D

Ms.Domestique said...

I was hoping you'd do just that! :D

littlecalder said...

well, being one of those 2 'wise' best friends, i full heartedly support your love, and indignation at their theft of it! harrumph.

Sarah Eve said...

Yes, you have good reason to be miffed! Though I think you should use Sophie anyway. We are planning our first born son to be named Demetrius... we have a couple of friend at church that didn't know our planned name that just had their baby boy... named Dominicus. Similar sounding, but we plan to still use Demetrius when the time comes. Heck, we're in nursery and we have a Brady AND a Braden. We also have like a million Maddie's. So it's okay to have similar names so don't let them take the one you chose! Granted what they did definitely steals your thunder.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010