25 April 2009

When I Won't Be Insane

I'm looking forward to the time in oh...2.5 weeks when I am done with school because I have so many projects that I have wanted to complete, it's ridiculous. I wanted to share a few of them so that you will all know what to expect when my blog rises from the ashes of lost internet causes.

Most important thing...ever: READ. I haven't done any pleasure reading in quite a while and I have the feeling it's going to be a mind-blowing experience. I also realize that I haven't done a book review in ages. My apologies.

Sew. I have about three things that need fixing and I've been itching to try a DIY where I make a pair of black pants I have into skinny jeans (cause I love the look, just hate how every pair you can buy is ultra low rise and I'm too curvacious for all that. I need to be able to move and sit/bend over)

Re-cover my headboard. Since my bed will be in the guest bedroom when we move, and I've been redoing the colors, I need to redo it in a fabulous brown. Easy project, but it will make a dramatic impact and allow me to post pictures of the project on this blog.

Cover and paint 3 canvases for the guest bedroom using some muslin. I need to find something that I want to paint...I'm thinking bamboo or mum silhouettes, haven't decided yet. Can't be anything too ambitious because I haven't painted in a long time.

Send Thank Yous for any graduation gifts I happen to receive. I might make the thank yous because I have developed a love for DIY paper products.

Finish a doll I started making for Baby Kaveena when she was born, four months ago.

And you know...all the randomness that will happen when we finally get a house and are able to move in.

You'll be the first to know when that happens, of course.



5 Remarks:

Jessica Bee said...

*nods*

I want to ...

finish my Hokie blanket.

knit Boston a sweater that can grow with her.

learn socks.

sew and hang some curtains out of Ikea fabric I bought when we moved into the OTHER apartment. And make myself a new handbag out of the rest ;).

paint and print!


So you're moving away away? In with Steven? And what's this wedding blog?! It seems I have missed much ...

Ms.Domestique said...

Steven and I are moving to the DC suburbs, i.e. Centreville/Manassas. the wedding blog is just an idea blog. But I'm a fan of just eloping.

Jessica Bee said...

Funny. His sister, her husband, and our niece are moving to Reston. I'd like to apply for GWU's PsyD program (besides, the American Psychological Association is in DC) and Ercell wants a job with the USGS.

How come everyone is emigrating there?!

Jessica Bee said...

I think I meant *immigrating.

Ms.Domestique said...

I think it has a lot to do with jobs. Steven and I thought about San Fran, but decided he should take a job with the company he interned for last summer until we get on our feet. Both GWU and GMU have professional writing masters I'm drooling over...if I ever want to go back to school ever again. ;)

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010