28 April 2009

Personal Day


I've been trying to give myself a little break now that one or two of my projects are coming to an end before I start on the last projects. Ugh.

Today I did one of my DIY projects. I decided since I'm going to be giving a presentation tomorrow I wanted to turn my black pants that got too short into skinny pants. This trick is beyond perfect! It allows the tops of your pants to cover up wobbly bits or thigh issues caused by store bought skinny jeans, you can make them as tight or as loose in the leg as you want, and it saves a pair of pants that fit from being thrown out because they got too short. This might not be a problem for others, but for me it eventually happens to every pair of pants I own.

Now I have a pair of black pants that look like Audrey Hepburn's pants in Funny Face (great movie).

In order to do this:

1. turn your pants inside out
2. put them on
3. use pins to mark where you want to sew the new seams
4. sew them up
5. re-enforce the seams
6. cut off the excess material

Ta-da!


0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010