12 March 2009

Queen of Nervous Energy

Last Friday Steven and I went to go look at a house. We don't think that it was the one for us, but it has gotten me excited to move! It did have good potential the more that I think about it. I love to plan and organize so much! I get really antsy and have to work on projects to keep myself busy and to keep myself from packing up everything I own. I love to pack because it's like a giant puzzle. My latest project involves re-doing my room in the apartment because my bed is going to turn into the guest bedroom...

My bedroom has been black and white for about 2 years and I still love black and white, probably always will. However, black comforters are a complete pain in the butt to keep clean. Ever since I got cats I could not keep everything from clinging to my comforter. So I've been sleeping without a duvet for a while, it just got too out of control. Now my comforter was also a weird dimension for a full size bed. It measures 88X88 so finding anything for it was impossible. In fact, I made my last duvet cause I was desperate.

I got the go ahead from Steven to do smoked blue and brown! I'm so excited, because I have a lot of stuff that I can use now to pull it all together. The most expensive thing will be the dang linens. Found a great duvet (I like duvets because they're easier to wash) and I found a better comforter that actually fits my bed and covers all of it! Yay, no mattress showing! Now I have a lot of projects to do!

1- make a new dust ruffle, 3 yards of canvas/muslin ought to do it and I can use the interfacing from my old one.
2-recover my headboard in a fabulous chocolate brown. Making my own headboard was genius, now when I want to spice up a room I just need 60" of fabric and a staple gun and it equals a big impact in the room.

In other news, I have a horrible cough and just want to sleep all day. I hate being sick, yo. Hates it.

1 Remarks:

Tigergoose said...

This all sounds exciting :)

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010