04 March 2009

Cherokee Nation



This was one of my FAVORITE songs growing up. Did I mention grew up completely absorbed in the 60's and 70's? Dad was the only one who ever listened to a radio and that was always what was on. I still dig it.

Anywho. Long story, but I found precious little feather earrings at Target this morning. Then I couldn't get the lyric from Cher's Half Breed "give her a feather she's a Cherokee" out of my head...yeah, not sure if I'm Cherokee but I'm 1/8 something. Great-g-maw on Mom's side was full something but because everybody wanted to white-wash every amount of non-whiteness out of the family...I have no idea what tribe we are. Most tribes set limits on blood ratios, usually at 1/4. Who knows, maybe I could register if I knew. Laughs. Pipe-dream, but I always thought it was cool.

I also love to tell people that and have um double take. Cause I look nothing at all like I've got anything but the big bad German in me.




1 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010