23 December 2008

Holiday Survey


Because Steven has my camera (our friends Eugene and Andrea had a baby 2 days ago and he obviously needed to get pictures for me) I haven't been able to blog about anything I've been planning to blog about since Thanksgiving, e.g. my tree, the new doll I made, my B Moss adventure, and Steven's graduation. So that means that you will be bombarded with all that as soon as he gets in town tomorrow.

Until then, I feel the need to complete this survey:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love to wrap, however, wrapping does not lend itself to being very environmentally friendly. At least bags are reusable.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial for me. We had real ones growing up and they were too much work. Had to hike out into the woods, chop one down, drag it home, water it, and then watch it shed all over you. So I just keep mine in my closet. That way I get a little tinge of a wish for Christmas every time I see it.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving day

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years day

5. Do you like eggnog? Negative

6. Favorite gift received as a child? um...I remember a really cool doll once with black hair. No...I think my favorite was my barbie mini-van complete with car-seat.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Steven

8. Easiest person to buy for? That's probably me. I leave hints regularly.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? no

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I remember my grandparents on my mother's side getting me something very lame one year, so lame I can't remember it. 2 Christmases ago my parents got me a remote-controlled VW bus. Awesome since I love Volkswagons, but I couldn't do anything with it, so I returned it for the money.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yeah, I probably have.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandmother's mashed potatoes. They were the best.

16. Colored or Clear Lights? Colored, my tree is a tacky mess and I love it! I really want some bubbling lights. Steven has never heard of them, can you believe it?

17. Favorite Christmas song? O holy night, or Little Saint Nick by the beach boys.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Every year, while my father's parents were in good health, we used to go to their house. It was amazing and I looked forward to it all year. In future I intend to be the house every one goes to. This year it's just me and Steven and I wouldn't have it any other way.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, I've just got some multi-colored spray on top.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. No one has let me open any at night.

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? non-traditional. I like pinks and teals and greens and silvers

22. White or Warm Christmas? White

23. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Waking up everyone super early after I've been trying to sleep until it's officially Christmas. My kids will get me back for this: hello mom, it's 1 a.m. officially Christmas. That's what I did to my parents, after I had been sitting up in the living room since 12 just looking at my presents. ;)

24. Favorite Christmas Location? Charlotte, N.C.

25. Who do you tag? Anyone

1 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

Bubble lights rock! Poor deprived Steven for never even hearing of them. You must fix his deprivation, pronto!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010