16 November 2010

I've found a renewed motivation for reading through my book list.  I'm determined, but it's daunting since I'm not even 1/4 of the way through...so I'm "reading" a lot of them on tape.  I don't have time to sit down and do much of anything, but a book on tape I can listen to in the car, while I do laundry, when I'm painting the house, and even when I'm at work.

I used to do this all the time in college, especially with books I couldn't will myself to read.  It  helps when the actor reading the book has different voices for different characters or the book is 1,000+ pages.  Long books take hours and hours and hours and I just don't have that kind of time to sit on my ass.  I really wish I still did.  C'est la vie.

So, I hope it's not considered cheating.  I want to get through the great works of literature, but you know how life gets in the way.  For a good laugh, I recommend Angus, Thongs, and Full-frontal Snogging.  Hilarious! It's basically Bridget Jones for young adults.  I lost it when the 3 year old little sister of the main character, Georgia, told the cute, love interest "Georgie took a big poop this morning!" Yeah, I died.  How random and awkward.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010