06 November 2010

Holiday Preview

If you're hip on my facebook life then you know about my most recent spaztastic, special purchase: a record player.  I got it because it can fit under a bed.  My current record player is part of a huge stereo that I have no room for.

The record player fits into this post because the melodious joy that is Billy Joel was the soundtrack of this adventure.  His song Vienna sums me up to a tee.

As you can see, Oliver doesn't know what to think about record players or Billy Joel.  I say he has horrible taste in music.

I digress...because I have been a busy beaver trying to get ready for this holiday season.  If you remember from last year my artificial tree had a very major accident and snapped after 30 minutes of operation.  It was a short life for the tree and a tragic end to many of my ornaments.

We rallied our spirits and got a real tree.  It was very messy and my ornaments were too heavy for the limbs especially as the tree started to loose its umph.

So this summer I scoped out a new artificial tree with a full metal composition on the cheap.  Summer really is the best time to get a tree since I only paid $150 for a $300+ tree.  It also doubled the amount of tips I had.

So naturally, I need more ornaments.  The following are what I've grabbed up so far.  I've organized them by store just in case something catches your eye.  I should probably put a disclaimer that I have the tackiest tree you've ever seen and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I want my tree to burst with happiness and fun, so I mix a ton of colors and textures and holiday genres from rustic to vintage (my favorite) to handmade to ice to just plain whimsical.

Trust me, you want to be at my house this holiday.




Crate and Barrel:

Peacock feather in glass bauble
Every year we get a photo ornament and I put our favorite couple picture from the year in it.
Teacher says "every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings."
Mistletoe
Swirly tree.  I have a colored one that's flat squiggles, now I have a 3D clear one.

Pier 1 Imports:
Oh the glitter!   Makes me miss retail.
Argyle.  You should see my sweater collection.
SoOoOo tacky!  I love it!  I have spray that matches this and they even ring.
Why yes, that is an ornament of a balloon animal.  Dinosaur to be exact.  They have a few other animals too.
Snowflakes.  Pretty!  Pretty!  I hope we see a little less snowflakes this year then the last.
His legs are so tiny and his belly is so big...need I say more?

Polar bear snow globe.  The snow globe thing is very big with ornament this year.
Dancing snowman...with even tinier legs than Santa.
Garden flag...so cute
Khols:

Love doves.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010